Raiden IV: Overkill is an updated version of Raiden IV released by MOSS for the PlayStation 3 and Windows. This version includes two new missions, 3 fighter types, in which Raiden mk-II and Fairy are already unlocked by default, a new OverKill Mode, and a Replay & Gallery Mode.
- Fighting Thunder ME-02: This is a very balanced ship, suitable for all players. Weapon strength and movement speed are average. Its bomb can instantly clear the whole screen's enemy bullets.
- Raiden mk-II: This is the classic Raiden ship that is more suitable for experienced players. Weapon damage is high but movement is slower. Its bomb takes a moment to land but does a great deal of damage.
- Fairy: The Fairy is a tricky character to use. It's attacks are very different from the Raiden ships and it's movement speed is much faster. Its bomb calls for assistance from friendly faireies and attacks all enemies on the screen.
In OverKill Mode, if you destroy a medium-sized or bigger enemy, an "OverKill meter" will appear. While in this state, you can keep attacking the enemy and its "OverKill meter" will fill up. The more damage given can do to it before time runs out, the greater score bonus.
In OverKill mode, you are able to collect Score Medals, awarded based on how much damage was done to an enemy while its "OverKill meter" is still up, as well as Score Rings, awarded for defeating enemies quickly as they appear. Gold Rings are worth 3000pts. Silver Rings are worth 1000pts.
|1||Countryside||Exerey Iss||Lightning Strikes -Shinji Hosoe mix-|
|2||City||Ordo, Fulas and Mairazard||Tragedy Flame -Kou Hayashi mix-|
|3||Ocean||Famel Ya||Conflict -INH mix-|
|A||Overkill Mission 1||Heavy Enemy Raid|
|4||Ruins||Aguen and Ewat||Flap Toward the Hope -WASi303 mix-|
|5||Floating Continent||Da Rutura||All or Nothing|
|B||Overkill Mission 2||Heavy Enemy Raid|
|7||Enemy Huge Battleship||Horda Gardia||Advantageous Development|
|EX||Final Base||Horda Gestorada||Repeated Tragedy|
- This is the first game in main Raiden series to not released for arcade port.
- Heavy Enemy Raid was not found in Raiden IV -Ultimate of Raiden-. But you convert the track from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miy5abS_CYc
|Main Series||Raiden - Raiden II (DX) - Raiden III - Raiden IV (Overkill) - Raiden V|
|Raiden Fighters Series||Raiden Fighters - Raiden Fighters 2: Operation Hell Dive - Raiden Fighters Jet|
|Conversions||The Raiden Project - Raiden Fighters Aces - Raiden Legacy|
|Other Seibu/MOSS shmups||Stinger - Scion - Air Raid - Viper Phase 1 - Caladrius (Blaze)|