Raiden II (雷電II Raiden Tsū) is a 1993 vertical scrolling shooter arcade game developed by Seibu Kaihatsu. It is the second game in the Raiden series of vertical scrolling shooter arcade games and a direct sequel to the original Raiden.
Three years have passed since the events of the first game, and the enemy, which had temporarily lost its power, was regaining its mighty strength. The battle became even more intense, and the Earth was gradually overrun by the enemy. In order to overcome this situation, the World Allied Forces developed a new craft, the Raiden II, which had more mobility than the previous model and was equipped with two new weapons.
Are kara san-nen, ichiji wa seiryoku o ka meta teki mo futatabi sono kyōdaina senryoku o torimodoshitsutsu atta. Tatakai wa sarani hageshiku nari, chikyū wa shidaini teki ni seiatsu girete itta. Kono senkyō o dakai zuru tame ni, sekai rengō-gun wa shin heiki “purasumarēzā" to “kakusan bonbā” o tōsai shi, sarani kidō-sei no mashita "RAIDEN II"-jō o kaihatsu shita.
Raiden II features the same type of gameplay from its predecessor, introducing two new weapons to the returning loadout from the first Raiden game:
- Bend Plasma: A new weapon for the Raiden II, it starts as a rapid-firing forward shot. Continuing to shoot this weapon overcharges it and turns it into a continuous plasma beam that locks onto a target and can lock on to additional targets as well, dealing damage to all affected targets simultaneously.
- Diffusion Bomber: A new special attack for the Raiden II, it is a cluster bomb that covers a wide area, deploys immediately, and damages targets while clearing away enemy bullets.
|Stage||Name||Boss Name||Earth Code Name||BGM|
|1||Countryside||Zelzerei Se Full||Walker (×2)||Repeated Tragedy|
|3||Ocean||Dal Yar||Battle Axe||All or Nothing|
|4||Ruins||Balg||Thunder Fortress||Burnt Field|
|5||Enemy Terrestrial Base||Harkestal (First form)
Arvey (Second form)
Gelmes (Third form)
|6||Floating Continent||Meshky Delarz||Graphite||Decisive Battle|
|7||Enemy Huge Battleship||Hosorg Taline||Huge Satellite||Flap Towards the Hope|
|8||Final Attack Target||Gharb Gadim||Mother Haven||Tragedy Flame|
Raiden II was ported to Windows by Kinesoft and Microsoft Corporation. The Windows version uses Redbook audio for music. In addition, this game and the original Raiden were released for the PlayStation as The Raiden Project.
- https://archive.org/details/raidentheaceshigh/page/n2/mode/1up (in Japanese)
- https://archive.org/details/raidentheaceshigh/page/n2/mode/1up (in Japanese): この戦況を打開ずるために、世界連合軍は新兵器“プラスマレーザー "と“拡散ボンバー”を搭載し、更に機動性の増した"雷電II"上を開発した。(In order to overcome this war situation, the World Allied Forces have developed the new weapons "Plasma Laser" and "Diffusion Bomber", and the more mobile "Raiden II".)
- https://archive.org/details/raidentheaceshigh/page/n12/mode/1up (in Japanese)
|Raiden video games|
|Raiden series||Raiden ● Raiden II (DX) ● Raiden III ● Raiden IV (Overkill) ● Raiden V (Story)|
|Raiden Fighters series||Raiden Fighters ● Raiden Fighters 2: Operation Hell Dive ● Raiden Fighters Jet (text transcript)|
|Compilations||The Raiden Project ● Raiden Fighters Aces ● Raiden Legacy|
|Other Seibu Kaihatsu/MOSS shmups||Stinger ● Scion ● Air Raid ● Viper Phase 1 ● Caladrius (Blaze)|